Regular use of rice water has many benefits on natural hair – it helps relieve itching, strengthen strands, stimulate their growth, energize, and significantly improve their appearance.
This article will give an overview of using rice water on natural hair.
How to wash your hair with rice water is a recent top-notch search for hair care, but it is actually an ancient hair care system with a long history in Asia.
Rice water on natural hair
Japanese women in the Hian period (CE 5-5) had hair of floor-length and kept their hair healthy by soaking it in rice water. In a village called Huangpu, China, Chinese women usually have longer hair than feet and do not have gray hair until they are in their sixties.
What is rice water?
Rice contains 75-80% starch and is a great aid to beautification. Rice water is starchy water after soaking the rice in it for a period of time.
It is said to be a large number of nutrients which helps to irritate the skin of the head, including dryness of the hair:
• Vitamin B
• Vitamin E
Advocates of hair treatments using rice water believe that:
• It makes hair smoother and detangles the hair
• It makes hair stronger and increases luster
• It helps hair grow longer and faster
Although it is rich in nutrition and used throughout history as a component of hair care, is it true that all the beneficial values of rice water circulated on the Internet?
Myth: Does rice water help hair growth?
Except for the two Food and drug administration-approved chemical enhancement treatments available on the market, keeping anything on the skin on the head will not enhance your hair. Hair growth is related to the proper hydration of your genes and your body.
However, inositol (vitamin B8) and protein rich in rice water can penetrate the hair strands and close the pores and gaps of damaged hair follicles, prevent breakage, and strengthen the hair.
By reducing hair breakage, it helps to hold the hair and increase the amount of hair that can cause your hair to grow faster. In fact, your hair grows at the same normal rate, but it becomes shinier and more bloated as hair loss and hair loss decrease.
Rice water is rich in vitamins, especially B and C, in combination
It contains trace elements – potassium, iodine, magnesium, zinc, selenium, manganese, and a large amount of fiber.
It is a real source of nutrients that nourishes follicles and repairs damaged cells.
Because rice water has antioxidant properties, it helps to release toxins from the skin of the head, thus preventing premature calcitic and gray hair.
Rice water recipes: soaked, boiled, boiled
How to make rice water at home? Here are 3 of the most popular and effective ways you can try them out. You only need two ingredients!
Soaked rice water for hair:
- take 1 cup of uncooked rice;
- rinse it thoroughly;
- add 2-3 glasses of water;
- leave for 30 minutes;
- strain the rice water into a clean bowl.
This method will appeal to those who are very busy and don’t have much time.
Boiled rice water for hair:
- take ½ cup of rice;
- add 1 glass of water;
- cook the rice in boiling water;
- strain the rice water into a clean bowl before use.
It is a concentrated liquid that you can dilute before washing your hair. The density of the reduction depends on the length of the hair and the warmth. Usually, it is
The hair is wider, the lower the density should be
Fermented rice water for hair:
- take 2 cups of rice;
- add 2 times more water to it;
- leave the rice to soak for 20-30 minutes;
- pour the water into a glass bottle, seal it, and leave in a dark place at room temperature for 2 days;
when a sour smell appears, stop fermentation and put it in a fridge to preserve all the beneficial properties obtained during fermentation.
The pH level of hair follicles reduces the pH level of the hair and makes it better nourished due to the effective penetration of vitamins into the skin and hair structure of the head.
You can also use thin rice water as a conditioner. Apply it for clean wet hair, massage the skin on the head, and wash it off after 5-10 minutes.
For added nutrients, you can add a few drops of essential oils such as rosemary, lavender, or geranium.
To make a shampoo, mix rice water, and flour together and blend it for 5-10 minutes. Use it as a stand-alone product or with your regular shampoo in a 1: 1 ratio.
The remedy for curly hair
Curly hair is usually dry and brittle. The protein contained in rice water penetrates deeply and improves the condition of the hair, it is concerned and behaves.
There is no need to use paddy water during the holidays, only 15-30 minutes is enough to keep the hair soaked and washed with useful ingredients.
Side effects of rice water on rice
There is no contraindication to the external use of rice water. However, this decoction can have a drying effect.
Therefore, women with dry head skin should not use it excessively. However, it is advisable to use rice water once / twice a week for hair.
Also, keep in mind that you can keep the rice water refrigerated for up to a week. Shake it well before use.
Simple steps to make rice water for natural hair:
1. You can use any type of rice: white rice / brown rice / wild rice/basmati/oatmeal organic rice etc.
2. Wash the dirt and dirt with water and wash the rice.
3. At this stage to avoid nutrient loss, just let the rice soak in water for a long time and then drain the water.
4. After extracting “dirty” water, add fresh water to the rice to soak it. Depending on your preference, this is the range of rice water-making ratio:
• 1 tablespoon rice 1 cup water, or, 1 cup rice to 3 cups water
Any type of container you can use, but to seal the container, you must be able to cover the soaked rice with id or cover.
5. Not everyone likes the intense odor of rice water, so you can add some citrus peel and a few drops of essential oil to the water to balance the scent (we recommend leaving 1-2 drops of essential oil per ounce / 30 ml).
6. Let it sit (covered) for at least 30 minutes.
7. Shake it slightly or lightly soak the soaked rice until the water becomes cloudy so that the vitamins and minerals help to enter the water.
8. Drain freshly prepared rice water into a clean bowl or container for use.
You can stimulate rice water even more for better performance in hair care!
Pure rice water increases the nutrient levels in rice water. It is rich in antioxidants, minerals, vitamin B, vitamin E, and other substances that make it more beneficial and stronger than freshly made rice water.
There are 2 more steps to make stirring rice water:
1. After the first steps above, instead of throwing your rice water in a clean container, drop it in an airtight container.
2. For stimulation: Store in a warm dark place for 12-48 hours (ie allow for half a day to 2 days to lift).
Depending on the type of hair you have, you may want to boil rice water (or not) before using it for hair. Try both options and see which one works best for you.
How to use rice water on natural hair
You do not need to change your wash schedule to wash your paddy water – use it only after shampoo and conditioner, whether once a day or once a week.
When applying rice water, try to really concentrate on the skin on your head and try to get out. Let it sit for two to five minutes and then rinse. You will notice immediately how tight and dense your hair feels
The results of rice water on natural hair
Here’s an experience from women of washing rice water:
A minute later: my hair already felt like another. It seemed to have some kind of outer cover or a thin shell around each strand, protecting my hair as I brush with it.
My hair usually breaks when I use my detachable brush through my hair. But this time, I have kept my hair like myself.
A day later: In the morning after washing my first rice water, my best friend told me that my hair looked bright and blonde.
If you decide to soak the rice water, the odor of the water will be stronger. You can add some citrus peel to the rice water, after it has been boiled and boiled and cooled, add a few drops of essential oil. Stir until the essential oil is evenly distributed in the water.
Keep in mind that since rice water can be very strong, you may need to dilute it with hot water before using it.
Other Recommended Reading
- Oily Fish Hair Growth – How to Apply Hair Growth Fish Oil
- 21 Food for Baby Hair Growth to Apply Immediately
- 28 How to Make Your Hair Grow Overnight Home Remedies
- 22 Great Benefits of Jogging in the Morning
- 14 Easy Tips on How to Stop Nail Biting in Adults
- How to Stop A Bad Habit Permanently
- Stop These 13 Bad Habits to Be a True Leader
- 17 Steps on How to Stop Bad Habits Addictions
- How to Increase Beard Density Naturally
- What to Do to Make Your Hair Grow Faster Naturally?
- 10 Ways on How to Grow Hair on Forehead Faster Naturally
- 12 Ways How to Grow Low Porosity Hair Fast
- 32 Home Remedies to Grow African Hair Fast
- How to Grow Beard Faster for Teenager Home Remedies
- Physical Changes During Puberty Male and Female
- Puberty Breast Bud Development – What to Know
- 37 How to Make Natural Hair Grow Faster and Thicker
- How to Make Your Hair Grow Faster Naturally For Guys
- 25 Hacks on How to Grow Hair Naturally Faster
- When Do Babies Grow Hair – Parents Need to Know
- 32 Steps on How to Destress Yourself Instantly
- 32 Best Eating Habits to Lose Weight in One Month
- 30 Healthy Lifestyle Habits for a Happy Life
- 24 Unhealthy Eating Habits Everyone Must Avoid
- 7 Hacks on Daily Healthy Habits for Winners
- 20 Steps on the Easiest Way to Lose 10 Pounds
- 10 Remote Work Challenges with Solutions
- 15 Ways to Change Your Mindset, Change Your Life
- 7 Steps to Change Your Words, Change Your Mindset